HOW TO OBTAIN A DAILY PASS FOR 2-AXLE VEHICLES
Please visit our daily pass location at 1900 Seabrook Island Road before proceeding to the gate. Contractors can obtain their daily pass at this location. Due to the physical limitations at this site, larger vehicles, such as cement mixers, 3-axle vehicles, moving vans, etc., will continue to the gate for passes. Most incoming traffic will be able to use this location, and 2-axle vehicles arriving at the gate without a pass will be turned-around and directed to the daily pass site.
Note: This location and the Gatehouse only accept credit / debit cards and checks.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Sunday – Friday | 6:30am – 4:00pm
Saturday | 6:30am – 7:00pm
Daily | 6:30am – 3:30pm
HOW TO OBTAIN AN ANNUAL COMMERCIAL ACCESS BARCODE
Please complete the Commercial Access Barcode Application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop it off at 1202 Landfall Way. Once we receive the barcode application, required documents, and payment, a SIPOA Commercial Access staff member will be in contact with you. Barcodes must be affixed by a SIPOA employee at the SIPOA Administration Office.
Note: This location only accepts credit / debit cards and checks.
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday – Friday | 8:00am – 4:00pm
- A Town of Seabrook Island business license is required to obtain a commercial barcode.
- Domestic cleaning, home workers, or home-health aides who are sole proprietors of their company, may obtain an annual barcode at a reduced domestic contractor rate, or pay the daily pass rate for island access.
- Contractors who are entitled to receive an access barcode but who refuse to have it affixed to their vehicle will NOT be issued a barcode sticker, but will be required to obtain a daily paper pass.
- Contractors who are entitled to an access barcode are obligated to keep SIPOA informed about the make, model, year and license place information of the vehicle to which the barcode is attached.
*SIPOA will deactivate the barcode(s) of any contractor in violation of the SIPOA Commercial Rules & Regulations (see below), and access to Seabrook Island will be terminated. There is a $50 fee for replacement barcodes or to reactivate confiscated or terminated barcodes.
SIPOA Commercial Rules & Regulations
- SIPOA Security tracks vehicles by license plate and barcode numbers and monitors commercial vehicles to ensure compliance with Rules & Regulations. All contractor IDs, driver’s licenses and vehicles are scanned and/or monitored via video. Barcodes / passes are issued for specific vehicles and may not be transferred. If you sell a vehicle for which a barcode was issued, the barcode must be removed from the vehicle and returned to the SIPOA office. All passes, decals and access devices are the property of SIPOA and must be surrendered upon request.
- Commercial Vehicle Gate access begins at 6:30am. Deliveries and noisy work may not be conducted from 7:00am – 6:30pm, Monday through Saturday. All contractors must vacate Seabrook Island by 8:00pm.
- The speed limit is 25 miles per hour, unless otherwise posted. *Zero-Tolerance-Speed is checked by Radar. Infractions could result in the issuance of speeding citations and / or forfeiture of pass privileges. Every vehicle within Seabrook Island shall stop when signaled to do so by a Security vehicle by siren or flashing yellow lights. Every driver so signaled shall produce, on request by a Security Officer, driver’s license and registration of the vehicle being operated.
- Travel to and from the job site via the most direct route from the gate. A commercial pass does not allow access to the Seabrook Island Development (SID) on days you do not work, nor does it permit you to be on Seabrook Island after authorized hours or after your work contract is complete. Parking is limited to one side of the road only, in the direction of traffic.
- Do not:
-Pass bicycles at traffic islands or pass slow-moving vehicles unless invited to do so.
-Bring children or pets to work sites.
-Use a property owner guest pass to conduct commercial work.
- Firearms / fireworks, alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, explosives and stolen property are prohibited.
- Vehicles containing construction or yard debris must be securely covered while driving on Seabrook Island roadways. Contractors are responsible to clean up any debris removed from the job site that falls off the truck trailer in the course of its removal from the SID.
- Soliciting is not permitted. Flyers or other materials may not be placed in / on mailboxes or doorsteps. Advertising signage is prohibited.
- Violations of any SIPOA Rules, Regulations, Policies, Procedures or any Federal, State, County or Municipal Law may result in pass revocation and / or monetary assessments. Every commercial entity will be responsible for violations by employees and Sub-Contractors.
- All drivers must have a valid driver’s license. License checks and scans may be made by SIPOA Security.
- SIPOA will deactivate the barcode(s) of any contractor in violation of the above rules, and access to Seabrook Island will be terminated. There is a $50.00 fee for replacement barcodes or to reactivate confiscated or terminated barcodes.
Permits & Forms
- Town of Seabrook Island | Business Licenses & Work Permits
- ARC Resources | Approval for New Construction, Exterior Alterations & Landscaping
- SIPOA Construction Guidelines